Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Sliding Glass Doors

I just recently moved to Los Angeles from New York, so I'm accustomed to high crime rates and people trying to break in, etc. Anyway, I was at my apartment alone. I have two roommates and it was a Friday night. I had decided to come home early from a party because everyone was getting drunk. It was around 2a.m. The apartment complex I live in is pretty nice. It's not crime-ridden or run down. I like it. Anyway, I was trying to finish up some weekend homework when I hear a really LOUD knocking from the door.

Seeing as I had friends that were out drunk, I didn't think twice. I called out, "Hold on!" because I was in the back room furthest from the door. When I got there, I opened the door and there was no one there. The silence was haunting. I've never encountered a silence like that before in my entire life. My stomach literally turned to ice water.

I immediately shut the door and locked it up. I stayed in the living room (where the front door was) so I could make sure no one knocked again. Somewhere between 2 and 3 I dozed off, but I was startled awake by muffled voices. I remember this really low voice that seemed right beside my ear. I jolted awake and I realized no one was in my apartment -- they were standing right outside.

I looked over to a large sliding glass door we have (that leads out into the back quarters of the complex) and there were two figures that were shadowed in the porch light. It was incredibly frightening. I knew they weren't my roommates because the voices were so different.

Needless to say, I freaked and called security and they came and found no one but they did find that my door frame had been worn down because whoever it was really wanted inside.

-Jalen

No comments: