Monday, November 28, 2016

Staring Eyeballs

When I was about 8 years old, during recess at school, I noticed a bunch of other kids outside a storage room yelling and warning to others, not to approach the door because "there was an eyeball staring back at you!"

I was curious because I didn't understand what they meant but I could see their fear was real because their faces were pale white as they would try to deter me from taking a peek through the key hole.
I remember bending down slightly so I could get a closer look inside and sure enough, there was an eyeball staring back at me and it freaked me out so much I peed my pants on the spot.

It was only later in the day after I had ended up at the nurses office because of the commotion us kids had created, that a janitor had to go into the room to inspect what this whole mess was about. Turns out that someone had placed a mirror against that door and the eyeball we were seeing was our own reflection!

No comments: