Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Couple Short Stories Shared with Alone at Night

I was fishing alone along a stretch of river after work one day. The same car drove by me really slow a half dozen times, both directions. I got a bit creeped out so when I heard it coming again.
I pulled my phone out and pretend I was talking to someone.
A guy looking like a creepy hillbilly (think the cop killer in the movie 'house of 1000 corpses') got out of his car, paced back and forth a couple of times near his still open door, And came at me with his fists clenched, holding something, in a manic, tunnel vision,and aggressive and somewhat dazed posture.
As he neared me I started describing him to the imaginary person on the other line.
It freaked the person out and they ran back to their car and sped the fuck off.
I called the local police to report it.

---

I was camping with friends. It was early in the season and we were the only ones in that section of the park. One morning I stayed in my sleeping bag in the tent while everyone else went to the facilities, which were a bit of a walk away. I dozed off again. I was awoken by someone grabbing my foot through the tent. I was groggy and assumed it was a friend playing a joke and kicked and said fuck off. My foot was grabbed again and pulled, and I kicked again pretty hard, not afraid to kick my friend who was now pissing me off. He stopped and I dozed off again.
I woke up again probably less than half an hour later and heard my friends in the distance, returning. When they got back I asked them who was the one trying to wake me up. They had no idea what I was talking about, honestly. I told them about something grabbing my foot through the tent and they thought I was trying to tell a story to scare them. I still have no idea what it was. It wasn't even dark out at the time.

----

No comments: