Friday, September 11, 2015

Creepy Encounter at Camp



When I was about 10 years old I went on a field trip with my 4th grade class to a summer camp. For the most part , it was a typical experience. Rafting, bad food in the mess hall, hiking, campfires, etc. Hell one of my friends did the typical movie thing and brought dirty magazine's from home. We were supposed to be there for 4 days, I only lasted about 3.

It was late at night cause I stayed up to do the Trash duty and clean the mess hall, after I picked up the final granola bar wrapper I made my way to the showers to clean up before turning in for the night. Halfway through, I hear a loud shuffling sound outside the showers. I stop what I'm doing and listen intently, but the shuffling stops. I assume it's my friends pranking me as they typically do, and get out of the showers.

Just to put this into perspective, the showers and the boys cabins are a good walk away with NO way to illuminate your surroundings, that's why they shower before dark and with groups, to make sure nobody gets lost. For someone like me whose by himself having to navigate his way through the woods, it's pretty fucking terrifying! To make matters worse, the flashlight I brought was back at the cabin. So I was stuck having to navigate my way back with a piece of shit lantern that barely gave me enough light.

So anyway, I grab the lantern, and start my walk to the cabins. About halfway through I hear this ungodly loud moan coming from right the fuck in front of me! I panic and drop the lantern, running in the opposite direction of the sound, I can't see anything and in my haste I fall on something. I examine the thing I fell on and realize it's squishy and soaking wet. I hear the moaning again from behind me and book it to the direction of the cabins. I'm instantly greeted by 3 flashlights and concerned looks.

Apparently the other campers heard the moans and the counselors went to investigate, only to find me. Covered in head to toe in fucking blood! They brought me back to the cabins and I'm immediately bombarded with questions about what I saw. My friends shut them up after a while.

The next day I went home. Could you blame me? I was NOT gonna stay there after the shit I've been through. I almost forgot about this incident until a while ago when I was reminiscing about this with one of my friends who stayed at the camp. I asked him what happened after I left and what he told me made the blood freeze in my body.

Apparently after I left, the moans at night got louder and closer to the cabins and freaked everyone the fuck out, and as for that big mound I fell on, while the counselors were investigating the source of the moaning, they found a deer on the trail I was on. The head was ripped clean off, and it's entrails were laying in a separate pile next to the carcass.

That's my encounter. To this day, it remains the scariest experience I've ever had in my life. Everyone I've told thinks that I'm bullshitting it, but my friends who were there always defend me. I still don't know what the fuck was in the woods that night.

No comments: