Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Gun To Head


I don't think he was intending to kill me, but I had a kid hold a gun to my head at a party because his girlfriend was sitting on my lap. A lot of people were sitting outside around a fire, and I was sitting next to this girl. This other girl comes up and starts talking to her, and ends up plopping down on my leg. If I were a horse, you'd say she was sitting sidesaddle. I didn't think nothing of it, and pretty much ignored her.

Not much later, i was walking around the house to take a pee when her boyfriend was walking past, and stops me and says he needs to talk to me. He wasn't a friend, but we've crossed paths before. I didn't think anything of it. We kinda go around the side of the house, and he pulls a semi auto handgun out from behind his back, and holds it like a wanna be gangster. Hard to describe, but it was up at his head level, sideways, about a foot from his head. Aimed at my head.

I was pretty drunk, and told him to chill out. No need to be pulling guns out, we're having a party, we're all here to have fun, etc etc. He says he doesn't want me messing with his girl. I try to explain to him that she just sat on my leg and I wasn't even talking to her, but he wanted to make his point so I let him. He tucked the gun into his waistband and covered it with his jacket and walked away.
As I was walking back to the fire, one of his buddies gets in my way and starts talking smack about me messing with his friend's girl .. I don't think he finished his sentence before my friend's friend (who is a big, fearless kinda guy) punched him square in the mouth. And then he turned to gun kid who was a few feet away and said something like "if you pull that gun out I'm going to make you eat it".

A few other non-violent types started suggesting that gun kid and his buddy should probably leave, and they did. But not after making a big spectacle of themselves once they were a safe distance away .. talking smack and gun kid was pulling his jacket up so we could see the handle of his gun.

I found out the next day that gun kid ended up going to jail that night. He was in the parking lot of a 7/11, showing off by lifting his jacket and a cop saw it. I guess the cop drew his gun on the kid, and a bunch of squad cars showed up and it turned into a big spectacle.

No comments: