Friday, July 25, 2014

Saving Lives

When I was 18 I moved into an apartment with my best friend in a college town. It was cool being independent and doing whatever I wanted, but at the time there were two active serial rapists operating in town. To make matters worse there was a peeping tom that liked to frequent out apartment complex (thank goodness we lived on the second floor). I was ways alert and aware of my surroundings. I even bought proper spray. One day I came home and I turned the corner to see an older man with white hair, just standing around, holding a large black bag. I got a bad feeling and made my way to the apartment rather quickly. A short time later my friend stopped by to pick something up and when she left I went to the balcony to watch her walk to her car. I watch silently until I saw Creeper McBlack Bag following her. I wanted him to know I was watching, so I called out to her and told her to call me when she got home. When he heard me he looked a bit startled and quickly did an about face and started walking away quickly. Of course I freaked! Going around making sure everything was locked tight! I'm not saying I saved her life, but I'm not saying I didn't! -Maryann

No comments: