Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scary Night in Mexico

I used to go to the University of Arizona in Tucson. One night some friends and I decided to go to Agua Prieta, Mexico, which is across from Douglas, Arizona. Agua Prieta is a shithole of a town. I met some Mexican friends and a few girls we knew at this club. After the club was closed, most of our other friends left and I was standing outside talking to one of the girls from the club and a bunch of other drunk Mexicans started yelling at me calling me gringo, cabron, pendejo, the usual insults. I speak Spanish so I knew what they were saying.

They started walking towards me throwing beer bottles and on the other side of the street, a few policemen with shotguns drawn started walking towards me as well. The situation did not look very good at all. Me against about 12 people plus who the fuck knows what the police were going to do.

I turned around and ran as fast as I could towards the border with beer bottles whizzing past me and breaking near my feet. Luckily I got to the border without getting my ass kicked or hit by any bottles. By the time I got the US border, the US border guards saw the people and police following me and basically told me I was lucky to get out of there alive. I never went back down there. Fuck that. A few months later, a Mexican American friend of ours was killed down there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds made up