Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shower Voyeur

I seriously never thought something would happen to me, but ir did. Bear with me cos it's a long story and I remember everything in super high detail. Prob because I told it a few times to friends. I'll try cut to the chase. So I live in Sydney, Australia, in a quiet, safe and family-friendly neighbourhood.

I was coming home in the early morning hours of New Years Day from watching the fireworks and it was around 3AM. I was walking home with my 2 other friends (both guys) because we didn't wanna ring our poor parents to come get us. The guys lived quite a distance further away from me, though, so we split paths about a street away from where I lived. As I turned into my street, I noticed a guy on the other side of the road. Didn't think too much of him, but I did notice he did a double-take glance at me - but he was prob just as surprised as I was that there was somebody else walking around this late at night. Or early in the morning.

There's a big oval on my road and it's quite dark and scary-looking at night, so I kept glancing over my shoulder. There was no one there. However when I reached the dip in my road, I veered off the pathway to avoid stepping over something that looked like a dead animal, and I saw someone behind me. They weren't TOO close, but they weren't far away enough for my peace of mind. And what frightened me the most was how suddenly they appeared. After all, I'd been checking over my shoulder quite frequently and I'd seen nobody. I was creeped out enough to pull out my phone and start calling the other guys I'd been with - AND IT WAS LIKE RIGHT OUT OF A HORROR MOVIE, but one would not pick up and the other wouldn't connect the line. I must have tried calling them 5 times each... :\

I was sort of panicking, but by that time I had reached my driveway (I live in a house behind another house, so it's a long driveway) and I thought I was safe. However when I was halfway up, I glanced behind me again. And it was a very fleeting, quick look, but I saw the figure again and it APPEARED like they were about to step onto my driveway to come up. And at that point, I thought, "Oh, it's my brother!" Because... no one else... has any business to be coming up at this time of night. Still, I was smart (haha) enough to not wait for him or call out to him, because something about his build and height didn't sit right with me.

I walked right on home and my wonderful mother had stayed up to wait for me, so she answered the door straight away and I went inside. I closed and locked the security door, but left the second door open and the outside light on because I thought there was a chance my brother was coming in soon. But Mum just said, "Why are you doing that? Your brother came home an hour ago." Needless to say, I did get a little shiver, but I quickly dismissed it. I shut off the light, locked all the doors, went to get a drink of water and prepared to take a shower. Mum went to bed and turned off all the lights in the house, except for the bathroom one and the one in my room.

Near the end of my shower, I thought I heard a strange noise at the window. Now the bathroom window is right above my shower. And I KNOW it was a strange noise, because it was weid enough to make me turn off the water and crouch under the window for a few minutes, listening really hard. It was sort of a creaking sound, but not the creak of an old house... but like someone was resting their hands against the window. Yeah. Um... it's still surreal to me. I heard nothing else though, so I crawled out and began to dry myself. Because I was paranoid, I shut off the light. LOL but then I couldn't see to change back into my clothes, so I turned on the heater light which is much dimmer. And as I did that, I noticed that there were very small, light blue lights at the window... which CERTAINLY never belong there. I cannot describe how scared I was. It's the sort of fear where you don't want to move, or make any noise, or... oh dear, I can't explain it. Because this was confirmation of everything I'd been sort of dismissing that night. I really slowly and carefully turned off the heater light so it was pitch black again, and I huddled against the door, just staring in terror at the window. And then the entire phone? device? whatever it was! IT LIT UP COMPLETELY, there was suddenly a whole lot of blue light at the window and it looked like they were trying to shine it through the window, and oh dear, that did it, I UNLOCKED THE DOOR AND BOLTED FOR MY MUM. She was too worried about trying to find a safe room for me to change in, but my dad said he heard footsteps running back down our driveway. And I'm kinda glad he did, because it was so surreal that I wonder if it was just a nightmare.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the peeper was the same guy that you passed on the street while walking to your house. Man, it's always better to be safe than sorry. So what if he might have been your brother. He has a key, right? Then let him unlock the door himself, and don't leave it open for him haha.

Scared said...

That's a good one. If no one has done so already, this needs to be in a horror movie. Nice little update on the Psycho shower motif.