Friday, March 18, 2011

Behind the Blinds

The creepiest thing that I personally experienced was when one of my cousins and I slept in the back room one night over the summer. She and her family lived with my grandparents, we were in her room. I was 13 and she was 14, she slept in one of the twin beds on the window side of the room and I slept in the bed next to the door, the beds were separated by about 8 ft. that made up the middle of the room. It all happened around 5:30 am, so it was still pretty dark out. I was in a half-sleep in the bed and I heard kind of a faint whisper. I opened my eyes and thought I must have dreamt it. But then I heard my cousin ask "did you say that". I rolled over and asked, "say what?". She said she heard a voice whisper her name, that kind of freaked me out but I said I didn't hear anything. I then rolled back over and less than 10 seconds later I heard "Jayme". I then jumped up in my bed and looked over towards her, she lay stiff in her bed, I could see her body shivering, she said something had been tugging at her blanket also. And then we heard it again about a minute later, she leaped out of her bed and jumped into mine. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. We both sat in the bed with the covers up to our chin, each of us were afraid to say a word. Then we heard a car start up, it startled us but it was just the neighbors leaving to go fishing that day. But as they pulled out of the driveway and their headlights shined in the room, the light hit the window and we saw a silhouette of a man behind the blinds, it looked like he was right outside of our window. We both darted out of the room and slept huddled up together in the dinning room on the other side of the house.

No comments: