Thursday, September 9, 2010

What Was He Doing?

A creepy thing that has happened to me lately happened when I was leaving out of the back door at work. The store where I work is not opened yet, because it's in a strip mall that is still under construction and isn't opening until next week. It's right off the highway, but there is seriously nothing else around for miles because they are just now starting to develop the area. The roads are blocked by security, who will only let you in and out if you say that you're going to work. Basic gist is that there is NO ONE else around except the people working in the stores to set up, and by this time we were about the only people left in the area.



The store where I work was letting the employees shop that night before the grand opening but I didn't want anything so I left while everyone else was shopping. One of the managers let me out of the back door, but after that I was alone. There is a bit of an alley and then a driveway for the delivery trucks with grass on both sides before getting to the parking lot. I was walking down this, and there was this man crouched down, rinsing his hands off in one of the sprinklers that were on. He looked up at me and just stared and stared as I walked past. My heart started pounding, and my car seemed to be SO far away. It was also in the opposite direction of the man, so when I walked my back was completely turned to him and I couldn't see what he was doing. I turned my head a bit every couple of steps, but I didn't want to look like I was suspicious. I was about 10 feet from my car when he stood up and started walking toward me. I was so scared that, once I got to my car, I kept fumbling my keys and couldn't get the door unlocked. I finally did, got in and locked the door. Meanwhile, he just kept walking slowly toward the car. I took off as fast as I could, and he stopped walking and just stared. I haven't been back to work since this, but I can assure you that I will not be walking to my car alone again. I don't even want to know what he was washing off of his hands in the sprinkler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fake or paranoid