Friday, September 3, 2010

Should Have Just Gone to the Dance

I was 16 and working at a local burger joint. It was devils night, and I was closing the store. I was the last one to leave at around 12:30am. I pulled out of the parking lot onto the main road which was deserted. As soon as I pulled out I noticed head light in the rear view mirror, and was thinking where the H did that car come from. So I drive down this road for 1 mile to the next Rd. The car is tailgating me the whole time. I turn and drive 2 miles to the next road and turn. Car still tailgating me the whole time. Now I am think that this is too much for coincidence. So I think, OK devils night or whatever, stupid prank. But, then they start harassing me. Getting real close to and hitting my bumper. flashing brights constantly. driven up next to me and trying to intimidate. Now keep in mind, I'm driving a little 65HP chevette. If I had the jeep I would have just went off road and lost them. Also it was a pitch black night, and I was in a very rural area.


So i am starting to get a little nervous. I am hoping that I don't break down or get run off the road. I don't know if they want to hurt me or whatever. As soon as I start getting close to home, I remember that no one is home. I don't want to pull into the drive because, first I don't want them to know where I live, and 2nd I would have never made it to the door before they got to be. So I keep flying around the dirt back roads trying to lose them. I drive by the house one more time and see that my dad just got home. I pull into the driveway, which is about 400 feet long and straight. they other car stops at the end and turns off its lights and engine. I ran into the house and told my dad the situation. He grabbed the trusty shotgun and we stepped outside. Whoever was in the car must have saw the shotgun, because we heard the motor start, no lights, and they slowly back out of the drive and sped away.

Anyways, to make a long story longer. I found out about a month later, a girl I worked with wanted to ask me to some dance, so she dumped current boyfriend before she asked me. She asked me I said no. Well the BF was really pissed, she was really pissed, so the BF thought he would get even with me. go figure.

No comments: