Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Half-Way Suggar Momma

Back in 2005 or 2006, I was still living at home with my parents. I worked overnight and would come home around 6 a.m. There's a halfway house on the end of the cul-de-sac where my parents live. They live on the inside of the cul-de-sac, about 4 houses down from the halfway house. We really never had or have problems with the people who live there, however a lot of times, the police get called, which causes an issue with them living in a residential area. You don't necessarily feel too safe when the police or ambulance repeatedly come to your neighborhood, because someone overdosed or whatever. My parents don't like the fact that there's a halfway house just a few houses down from them, but I believe there's a rule that they have to keep to themselves in order to live there.
Anyway, there was a new lady that moved into the house. She was tall and burly with big bushy hair and a very harsh complexion. One night we were having dinner or whatever, and she came to the door and asked for sugar. My parents, as nice as they are, gave her some. She said thank you and left. Next day, she came by and asked again for sugar. My mom gave her some, but in a Tupperware and told her to go ahead and keep it. She then kept coming around and asking for some girl named Lisa. My parents told her there was no one there by that name. By this time, they weren't liking her coming around, because obviously she there was something not right with her. They thought she was scoping our house out.
Well one morning, I had come home from work and fell asleep. My mom was getting ready to go somewhere when she came by again and rang the bell. My mom didn't answer. The lady then plants herself in front of our front door and was just sitting there for quite sometime. So, my mom couldn't leave and was worried about answering the door or even leaving with me sleeping there. She didn't know this woman enough to know if she was capable of doing anything. Finally the neighbor next door happened to come home a little while later. When he spotted her sitting there (she had gone to their house too a lot), he ran inside and called the police who then came and got her away from our door. She STILL lives at that house. We see her in the parking lot by some stores near our house asking for money and whenever we would drive by, she'd smile this creepy smile at us. She seems harmless, but obviously has some issues going on and isn't all there..

Cupcakes

No comments: